The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Saturday, May 21

WoW

Just to let ya'll know, I'll probably be talking about The O.C. for most of this post. You've had a fair warning...
But first. I had to give the devotional for Youth Group last night. It was SO scary. Especially since it was Parent's Night, so there were more adults than there were kids. I talked about change, and the unfailingness of God. I think I did okay. But it was nerve wracking.
Last night was fun. It was pretty funny watching the 'rents running around like kids again. And we watched slide shows of all our pictures from Creation Fest and stuff. It brought back some really good memories.
After we got home, I watched the last half of The O.C. finale again, just to make sure what happened REALLY happened. I was still in shock. I also watched the C.S.I. finale cuz we taped it and I hadn't seen it yet. That was really amazing too. It was the first time I ever cried watching an episode of C.S.I. It was SO good.
Okay. Now. Holy...Wow. The O.C. was...incredible. I still am in complete shock. If you haven't seen it yet, and care at all...then don't keep reading cuz of spoilers.
I had no idea that it was going to be so intense. I thought the extent of the excitment was going to happen at the Bait Shop, but that was nothing compared to what happened at Trey's house. I was shaking, physically shaking, and sobbing as I watched Trey doing his best to try and KILL Ryan. And when Marissa shot him, and he looked back at her with one tear making it's way down his face, and her slumping against the wall and "Hide and Seek" by Imogen Heap playing...I thought it was the most amazing and heart breaking moments on the show ever.
The whole episode was heartbreaking. I started crying from the very start. At Caleb's funeral. I think it was mostly the song that got me. That song is so sad, and so beautiful. I mean it's not like I really loved Cal or anything. In fact I mostly hated him. When Jimmy showed up and Marissa threw herself into his arms and Julie was like "It's really good to have you back". The look on Sandy's face when Kirsten told him to get his hands off of her...And when Ryan told her that he loves her...and when she turned around and Seth was standing there with tears in his eyes and she collapsed into his arms. When Seth and Summer were sitting on his bed...When Marissa burst into tears while Summer was asking her about Trey. When Summer was trying to tell Seth about what happened. When Ryan said "I've tried to be a better person all year. I can't do that anymore." When he was yelling at Trey at his house...
It all had me just bawling. This season's finale was WAY more dramatic than last season. Probably the same level of emotional for me though. I cried really hard last year too. The cliffhanger this season is better, in my opinion. Is Marissa going to jail? Is Trey even dead? Is Ryan going to jail? Is Ryan the father of Theresa's baby? Is Kirsten going to meet Oliver in rehab? AHHH!!! I DON'T KNOW!!
I'm so glad my life is semi-boring. As you can probably tell...hehe.
Anyway, download Hide and Seek, by Imogen Heap. It'll make you cry. If you saw the O.C. on Thursday that is...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOod heavens, woman! get a grip!
although i did not have the privilege of watching the season finale of OC due to my vow to banish the OC from my tv schedule, in part because of its extreme lack of acting ability on marissa's part (as if its that hard to act like a pretentious anorexic teenager tortured in the confines of her high society upbrining, when she, well, IS a pretentious anorexic high rollin' teenqueen!)I do wish that i had seen the finale. However, if anyone should be dying, it really should be man-handled marissa. Trey was the only ACTUALLY ATTRACIVE male on the show. Seth is gettin' kinda old and ryan...meh...the mysteriousness has inevitably worn off, and now he just needs to get a personality.
Please note, there is no OC bashing here! Anyway, how are you doing?! we miss you here in socal! On ocassion we do find blonde hairs on the floor or sunken into the folds of the couch. We've almost collected enough to finish off the left side of your doll's head! excitment?! oh, very much! Wow, this is getting long! so, hope all is well up in canadia!

11:22 PM  
Blogger Andrew L. said...

While I was completely moved by the season ender, I feel that it is a perfect example of their shoddy plot lines and character motivations (two things that made season one so strong). I mean, come on, I'm sure Trey was pissed, but that's no reason to suddenly want to kill Ryan. They can't make Trey look like he's making an effort to change, show the deep care that he and Ryan have for each other, and then all of a sudden decide that they're going to try and rip each others' faces off.

3:25 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

i totally agree with both of you. mischa barton isn't a very good actor, and trey was/is really hot. also, the plot isn't very believable. at all. but it's my fantasy world!! hehe. i get kind of caught up in it...oh well...

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home