The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Saturday, May 14

I'm Okay

No excuses.
Life is just fine. As the title states, I'm okay. Not awesome. Not horrible. Okay. Thanks for the emails...from the few of you wondering how I was doing.
Things with my parents are on the mend. In short, I was dumb. I had started drinking again, and hanging out with the wrong crowd when I got back from California. My parents found out one night that I wasn't where I said I'd be. It resulted in them calling the cops and my dad staying out all night searching for me. When I got home, it looked like a scene from one of those interventions. There were a lot of tears, but thankfully, no yelling. Just the simple facts. Clean up your act and stay home, or pack your bags right now and leave. I chose to clean up my act.
I'm officially going to Bible School in the fall. Peace River Bible Institute to be exact. I'm really really excited. Mostly for the chance to get out of this town and go somewhere where no one knows me and I know no one. For the chance to start over. For the chance to actually do something with my life.
My relastionship with God is...slowly getting better. I do NOT want to have one of those short lived "Yay I love Jesus!" spurts. Those always end up crashing down around me. I want to build it and work on it so that I know it's really real.
What else is new? The other day I had to go to the police station and give a statement about my old boss Jamel from the theater. He's been charged with sexual harrasment and assult. He's such a creep.
Things with me and Charyssa are starting to heal. We'll never be the best friends we once were, but slowly the anger and bitterness between us is dissolving.
Work is going good I guess. I think if a better job that paid the same or more came a long, I'd take it. But that's not going to happen, so I'm doing my best to be content.
Well...I guess that's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home