It's okay!
So I was walking home from work today, singing quietly to myself (Hot Hot Heat's "Goodnight Goodnight"). The day had gone by easily and I had finished all my "Always Fresh" CD-Roms which means I get a 50 cent raise. The sun was shining and a slight breeze carried the scent of lilacs. I knew that tomorrow I don't have to get up quite so early, and that I only have to work half my shift. At noon I'll be leaving for Edmonton to spend the weekend in a hotel with some good friends and moshing to the music of some of my favorite bands.
And then I realized something...I'm happy. Like really happy. It only lasted for a few seconds. Do you ever get those flashes when you just feel like NOTHING is wrong and that your life is perfect? They never last very long and right away I was like, "Wait, I can't be happy. There's so many things in my life that are screwed up. There's this and this and I'm not happy about this..." But then I stopped myself and I'm like "You're allowed to be happy! Just enjoy it. Life is good."
So yeah. That's the lesson for today. It's okay to be happy...And when you are...enjoy it! Cuz who knows when life is going to suck again! hehe...
And then I realized something...I'm happy. Like really happy. It only lasted for a few seconds. Do you ever get those flashes when you just feel like NOTHING is wrong and that your life is perfect? They never last very long and right away I was like, "Wait, I can't be happy. There's so many things in my life that are screwed up. There's this and this and I'm not happy about this..." But then I stopped myself and I'm like "You're allowed to be happy! Just enjoy it. Life is good."
So yeah. That's the lesson for today. It's okay to be happy...And when you are...enjoy it! Cuz who knows when life is going to suck again! hehe...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home