The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Friday, January 26

TGIF!

It's my favorite day of the week! Yay Friday! This week seemed to drag by for me, despite the fact that it was incredibly busy. It might have had something to do with the fact that I was a day ahead of myself all week. I thought it was Tuesday on Monday and so on. I even missed a meeting on Wednesday because of that. However, all that aside it was actually a really really good week. Our care group chapel was on Wednesday and that went really well. The process of getting there was pretty painful, but I think the finished product was good. I also got to talk to Kerri for a long time on Wednesday which was awesome. It looks like she most likely WILL be coming to Youth Alert so yay for that! And I had field ed. on Wednesday too which was SO good. It was better than usual. One lady that I visit with regularly just really opened up to me and shared a bunch of stuff about her husband (who passed away last year) and how they met, fell in love and all that good stuff. Once I asked her a few questions its like it all just came pouring out of her. I also visited with two other ladies that were new on my list this semester. I was so blessed by this little old lady named Molly. She was as deaf as a doorknob, but so incredibly sweet. I had brought my Bible with me and I asked her if she had ever read it before. She replied "Oh parts of it" and then she looked at me and with child-like enthusiasim repeated John 3:16. It was so cute! I also visited with Debbie who isn't really that old, but very very sick. Her and her husband are Christians and they are also very Pentacostal. She preached at me for 15 minutes about speaking in tongues and the such. She did have some very good things to say and I was really encouraged by her.
We had care groups yesterday which was so much fun. We played Apples To Apples and Disney's Scene It. Oh man...those games are so much fun. Especially Disney Scene It. If anyone wants to buy it for me, for my birthday or just because they love me...that would be great. :)
I'm drinking the most delicious Caramel Machhiato right now and just loving the fact that it's Friday. And that my blog is 400 posts old! *sniff* It's growing up so fast...
Have a great weekend everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home