The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Sunday, January 14

On My Mind...

Kerri left today. It was sad...but not unbearably sad. I think saying goodbye to her isn't the saddest thing in the world because I just know in my heart of hearts that we will always be best of friends, no matter how far apart we live. I know that sounds cheesy, but it's true. And I'm so thankful that God has blessed me with a few good friends like that.
Also, she may be coming back for Youth Alert in February, and if not, I will see her in June for the wedding! :) It was such a fun week! It felt as if she had never really left, and seeing her sitting on my bed or walking down the hallway was just so normal. We laughed SO much and made even more memories.
She almost missed her flight today! Which was a tad scary... and it was my fault! I took too long eating my fries at Wendy's! But she did make it so that was good.
After we dropped her off and waited until we were sure she got on the flight, we went to Wal-Mart. While we were in there Lindsay decided to stock up on Kraft dinner so she was throwing some boxes into the cart and I said "Hey, we should alternate who makes the Kraft dinner every Sunday night!" And there was this mom-ish looking lady in the same aisle and she looked over at us and cracked up. She was like "You're college students aren't you? What would your mothers think?!" It was pretty funny. I bought blue kleenex and Wal-Mart. It's pretty cool.
We made a quick Starbucks run (Mmm Caramel Machiato) and then went over to Ruark Hall when we got back cuz it was guy's open dorms and Linds really wanted to see what it was like in there. It's really not fair that they get a bathroom per two rooms... grr. :)
SO...I have officially decided that I am not coming back to PRBI in the fall. I can just sense that I'm done here. It's been an amazing time, and I'm totally looking forward to this semester and enjoying it for all it's worth...but I can tell it's time to move on. This decision, like every other decision in life, needs to be followed up with another decision. And that is...What To Do? And I think I've come upon the beginnings of a plan. It's very much still in the baby stages, but I'm thinking that after next Christmas I will be moving to Edmonton to live on my own and work to pay off my loan. My dear friend Lindsay will most likely be joining me and we will rent a place together and be saving up money to go to Europe. Now, all of this is still incredibly shaky. Anything could change, but it's what we've been talking about and thinking about. It's really exciting but really scary at the same time.
Anyway, I should go do some reading. Have a good week everyone! Try to stay warm!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home