The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Saturday, April 8

Summer-ish Night

Yesterday was a good day. Even though I was running on three hours of sleep.
Why did I only get three hours of sleep the night before? Homework!!! But it was good. I managed to be really productive and get my second lesson plan done.
And I went to every single one of my classes yesterday even though I desperatly wanted to be asleep. And I got my English paper done and handed in! Thanks to Ashley who helped me edit it. :)
It was again, amazingly warm and beautiful outside yesterday. We had a picnic on the grass at supper and then we just layed on blankets, threw a frisbee around and ate spitz. Jenice invited us over to her house for a campfire and marshmallow roast. So we (minus Caitlin and Spencer) walked to Jenice's house. It's about a 10-15 minute walk from school. They have a beautiful house out out of town a little ways. And they have horses. So we ran around, tried to feed the horses and threw the frisbee around some more. After awhile we went into the house (it's probably one of the nicest houses I've ever been in) and sat around and talked for awhile. Once it got kinda dark me and Jenice went outside to build the fire and pretty soon we were all out there roasting hotdogs and bannock and marshmallows. At around 10:00 Caitlin, Travis, Spencer, and some other guys showed up and we sat around the fire for a long time. We sang and laughed and told stories about the "pond people". It was so much fun. It felt like summer. Except it started to get really cold. So we went inside and I fell asleep on the recliner for awhile. At 1:00 we all (10 of us) piled into Travis' car and went back to school. Spencer and Nathan rode in the trunk. It was pretty funny. Anyway...it was a really fun night. And I fell into bed exhasted and slept until noon today! :)
Much homework and cleaning of my room must be accomplished today. Woo hoo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home