Mmm...Cheesecake.
Hello friends. And how are you all on this fine Sunday afternoon?
I'm sleepy.
It's been a good weekend.
Games and Pita Pit on Friday.
Sleeping and homework on Saturday.
Circle of Friends was also on Saturday. It's this really really formal banquet put on for all the people that give the school money. So we had to help out with that. It was pretty sweet actually. There was this big assembly line type thing in the kitchen and we made up all the fancy plates. I got to scoop the cabbage on. I felt like I was on one of those resturant shows where everyone is yelling and hurrying and making sure everything is perfect. It was fun. And then I bussed plates back and forth. And then...the exciting part! I shall write it in story form.
I think you probably know what we ended up doing. We stuffed ourselves and then plopped down in front of a TV and watched Walk The Line. It was a good night.
I'm sleepy.
It's been a good weekend.
Games and Pita Pit on Friday.
Sleeping and homework on Saturday.
Circle of Friends was also on Saturday. It's this really really formal banquet put on for all the people that give the school money. So we had to help out with that. It was pretty sweet actually. There was this big assembly line type thing in the kitchen and we made up all the fancy plates. I got to scoop the cabbage on. I felt like I was on one of those resturant shows where everyone is yelling and hurrying and making sure everything is perfect. It was fun. And then I bussed plates back and forth. And then...the exciting part! I shall write it in story form.
Kerri and Vanessa stood by the entrance of the gym-turned-banquet-room and watched as the servers in white shirts and bow ties rushed about taking the beautifully decorated slices of cheesecake to the waiting people. Everything seemed to be going well when all of a sudden, a hushed yet panicked voice sounded from beside the desert trays, "We're short on cake! We don't have enough!" Amid the quiet chaos, Vanessa and Kerri stayed calm and ran to the kitchen to inform the cooks. They stood back and watched as the cooks began rushing around trying to make up 60 more cheesecake slices. And then..."Vanessa! Kerri! Get over here and start decorating these!" Sweet Dog! What could be funner than decorating these delicious delicacies? Strawberry sauce, chocolate sauce, two dots of white chocolate swirled with a toothpick, whipped cream and a strawberry. They worked fast and furiously, not even taking time to lick their fingers. Soon, they were finished. Oh no! In all the madness they accidentally made about 6 extra! Whatever shall we do?
I think you probably know what we ended up doing. We stuffed ourselves and then plopped down in front of a TV and watched Walk The Line. It was a good night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home