The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Thursday, May 27

'twas the night before prom...

So yeah...here I am, at 11:30 pm on the night before Grad "Dinner Dance". I'm too excited to sleep I think. Athough I feel pretty tired. I had a very intersting and hectic day.
We had a practice walk again at lunch. This time it was actually in the drill hall, where grad is gonna be. The chairs weren't set up yet but we imagined that they were. It's pretty stupid, we're in two different groups and we have to come in opposite doors and the walk down all the aisles and then cross over and then walk down the side ailse to our seats. And we have to be in alphebetical order so that when they call our names to get our diploma's, we're not tripping over each other and climbing over laps and chairs. Mrs. Johnson was making it way too complicated though I think. And she was all like, "If you don't bother to show up to the practice tomorrow, you're going to make a complete fool of yourself." Well, I CAN'T be there tomorrow cuz practice starts at 11:45 and my hair appointment is at 11:45. Whatever...I know that JJ is in front of me so I'll just make sure to follow him.
Oh, bad thing. I was looking at my grad gown today, and I noticed that the sash thingy wasn't there. So I was like, Oh crap. And I can't find it. Which sucks. I have no idea where it is. But maybe they have an extra one or something.
After school today me and Erin went up to Edmonton to do some last minute shopping. It was quite the adventure. First, we were gonna go to Timmy's to get Iced Caps, and we're driving slowly down my street away from my house, and there's a truck parked on the side of the street. And there's a guy in the truck and as we drive by, he waves at us and asks us to stop. We had no idea who he was so we kept driving but we decided to turn around. So we pull up beside him and it went like this...

Guy: Hey girls. How's it going?
Us: Gooood...
Guy: So how old are you girls?
Me: 18
Guy: So here's the deal, I'm from out of town and I just had a really long drive. And I was wondering if you girls had any idea where I could get some drugs.
Erin: What kind of drugs?
Guy: Well...um...cocaine.
Erin: I know of some guys from school that sell weed...
Guy: Uhh you girls are so deprived.
Me: Yeah sorry man, don't know where you can get cocaine.
Guy: (Slamming his hand on the steering wheel) FUCK! Okay thanks anyway.

And that was it. And then we got Iced Caps and Erin's exploded all over her in the car. We finally got to the mall and got everything we needed plus a lot more. (I got the cutest outfit from Suzy Shier) I left my wallet at Icing...but it was still there when we went back. And then I left my bags on the floor by the sandles in Old Navy, but they were still there when we went back. (Yeah I'm a ditz) On the way out of the mall we bought a Calgary Flames car flag and we hooked it on my window and as we were cruisin down the high way it started raining and the stupid flag started coming out and there was no way I could open the window and grab it without it flying away. Finally we stopped at a red light and I opened my window to grab it but she hadn't quite stopped yet so it flew out and was like...in the middle of the road so I had to run out and get it and all the people in the cars were looking at me and it was especially humiliating because the Flames had just lost. It happened again when we were back in Wetaskiwin, and this time I had to run waaaaaaaaaaaay down the automile to get it and a truck almost ran over it. Yeah. It was quite the adventure.
I'm getting up at 9:00 tomorrow. Showering. Going to the drug store to get some last LAST minute stuff. Hair appointment at 11:45. Make up at 3:15. Pictures in the park at 4:00. Doors open at 6:00. Dinner at 7:00. Dance until whenever. Gonna party till the sun comes up. K that was gay.
I'm going to get some beauty sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home