Rainy Days
It's been raining for 3 days straight. No breaks. It's wet and cold. I'm wet and cold. But I kind of like it.
Actually, it didn't rain for like 3 hours last night which was good because we had youth group out at New Sweden church and played outdoor games and had a camp fire.
Me, Loreea, Charyssa, Landon, Tyson, Austin, Wesley and Nacia all slept out on the Looy's deck last night. It has a roof, but we still all woke up a little damp cuz the wind would blow in the rain. It was so much fun though. We had a nest of blankets and sleeping bags and it was so comfy, and the rain sounded so nice on the tin roof.
Pioneer Days is here once again. It's kind of weird cuz usually when Pioneer Days rolls around, it's HOT. But there was still a parade. Not very many people came out to watch. But that meant more candy for me, Austin, Loreea and Charyssa.
Cut For The Cure was today too. Over 80 people got their heads shaved for cancer. One of those people happened to be one of my bestest friends Samantha. And oh my gosh, she had the prettiest hair ever. It was all the way down her back and naturally blonde. But she really wanted to do it...because he brother-in-law has cancer. She raised almost 800 bucks. Anyway, the actual shaving was kind of emotional. I shed a few tears...
And, I have another job. Not a different job. ANOTHER job. At Value Drug Mart. I'll be working some evenings and weekends. I think I'm going to work myself to death. Oh well...I need the money.
Anyway...I guess that's all.
Actually, it didn't rain for like 3 hours last night which was good because we had youth group out at New Sweden church and played outdoor games and had a camp fire.
Me, Loreea, Charyssa, Landon, Tyson, Austin, Wesley and Nacia all slept out on the Looy's deck last night. It has a roof, but we still all woke up a little damp cuz the wind would blow in the rain. It was so much fun though. We had a nest of blankets and sleeping bags and it was so comfy, and the rain sounded so nice on the tin roof.
Pioneer Days is here once again. It's kind of weird cuz usually when Pioneer Days rolls around, it's HOT. But there was still a parade. Not very many people came out to watch. But that meant more candy for me, Austin, Loreea and Charyssa.
Cut For The Cure was today too. Over 80 people got their heads shaved for cancer. One of those people happened to be one of my bestest friends Samantha. And oh my gosh, she had the prettiest hair ever. It was all the way down her back and naturally blonde. But she really wanted to do it...because he brother-in-law has cancer. She raised almost 800 bucks. Anyway, the actual shaving was kind of emotional. I shed a few tears...
And, I have another job. Not a different job. ANOTHER job. At Value Drug Mart. I'll be working some evenings and weekends. I think I'm going to work myself to death. Oh well...I need the money.
Anyway...I guess that's all.

2 Comments:
wow vanessa thats so cool. i think it'd be so hard to shave my hair..but thats awesomet that your friend did. :)
The word "pioneer" reminds me of the game "Oregon Trail."
Good times.
Post a Comment
<< Home