The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Wednesday, March 30

Lazy Days

I love vacation. I really do. And I've been on it a lot lately. I'm fulfiling my destiny as a full on slacker. It's great.
Yesterday...or was it the day before? I don't know, the days all kind of run together. Anyway, either yesterday or the day before me and my brothers went and saw a movie in Westbank. We watched Guess Who, with Ashton Kutcher. It was pretty funny. We had to walk home because it ended a lot lately than we had estimated so my dad had already come and gone. But it wasn't that far of a walk.
For dinner last night my grandma made an absolutley amazing Indonesian feast complete with yellow rice, satte, and stir fry. It was sooooo yummy. These people that used to be my mom's boarding parents from Irian Jaya came for a visit and for the meal. When they left, we all gathered around the TV for The Amazing Race, my favorite show besides The O.C. It was two episodes back to back last night. In the first one, Ray and Deana came in first and won two brand new Rav-4s. Grr. I really dislike them. And the second one was so exciting! Gretchen fell down in the cave and hurt her head and there was blood everywhere. And then the brothers rolled their jeep and it was so scary because I LOVE THEM! And I want them to win so bad. I almost started crying because they looked so sad and scared. And then they were in last place and it was so exciting because I thought they were going to lose, but Ray and Deana were having a really hard time with the road block. And then brothers came and did the water one really fast and then it was a foot race between them and stupid Ray and Deana and I was on my feet SCREAMING and I spilled my water but the brothers made it and I was SO HAPPY! Yay!!! And Ray and Deana are gone! Woo hoo!
Anyway, I doubt that any of that matters to anyone, but it was really exciting for me.
This morning I decided that me and my brothers should go for a walk, down behind my grandparent's house. But it turned into quite the adventure. We rambled through the forest for almost 3 hours. We made a bridge out of rocks and logs across the creek and I almost made it across without getting my shoes soaked cuz Tyson hoisted me onto his back, but when he set me down I got my left foot right into the water and it was wet through and through. All of us were wet and dirty and then we had to climb up this hill that was practically a cliff and I almost died a couple times. And then Austin walked into some barbed wire when we got to the top. And then we got lost. And then we found the path again and made it home tired, hungry, wet and dirty. But it was lots of fun.
Tomorrow is our last day here.

Why does it always go by so fast?

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i taped the amazing race but...didnt get the first half..so reading your blog updated me thanks!! sorry vanessa but i really hate rob and amber..they are pure evil...and yes i'm glad ray and deana got eliminated too!!! yahooo!!! go amazing race!

12:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home