Spring Break With The Family
I don't think I've ever spent a spring break away from my family. Not that that's a bad thing, but one year I'm gonna have to go on some crazy road trip or to mexico or something.
On Thursday I had to work until 3, and by 5 after 3 we were on the road, headed for B.C. I slept and listened to music until we got to Cochrane, at which point I was dying of hunger. That was remedied by an A&W drive-thru and after about another 45 minutes, we arrived in beautiful Kananaskis. It seriously was so amazingly beautiful. Our hotel, The Delta Lodge (which apperantly President Bush stayed in once) was right in the middle of the moutains. We saw a herd of probably 50 elk right by the parking lot and it was amazing. It was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and it was so much fun. We went swimming and sat in the outdoor hot tub for most of the evening. I had to watch The O.C. at 9:00 of course. We left the hotel around 10 the next morning after another swim. We had breakfast in Canmore and then continued our journey. It took about 7 hours to get to Westbank. I really love long drives though. It gave me a chance to really listen to my new Anberlin and Dead Poetic cd's I bought the other day and of course play all those silly car games with my brothers.
Ever since arriving at my Grandparent's house I've done nothing but sleep, eat, and read. I finished Walk Of Fame, by Sharon Krum which was really good. And I'm about half way through The Usual Rules by Joyce Maynard now. This book has had me in tears pretty much since the beginning. It's about this 13 year old girl who's mom dies on September 11th in the twin towers. It's soooo sad. I'm taking a break cuz it was getting me kind of depressed.
As far as plans for the rest of the week, there isn't really anything super exciting. Church tomorrow of course and maybe an Easter musical at this big church that's supposed to be really good. Pretty much I'm just going to relax and try not to think about going back to work, or any of my petty problems that have been plauging me lately. I plan to emmerse myself in my books and my family.
Reality is just so overrated.
On Thursday I had to work until 3, and by 5 after 3 we were on the road, headed for B.C. I slept and listened to music until we got to Cochrane, at which point I was dying of hunger. That was remedied by an A&W drive-thru and after about another 45 minutes, we arrived in beautiful Kananaskis. It seriously was so amazingly beautiful. Our hotel, The Delta Lodge (which apperantly President Bush stayed in once) was right in the middle of the moutains. We saw a herd of probably 50 elk right by the parking lot and it was amazing. It was probably the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in and it was so much fun. We went swimming and sat in the outdoor hot tub for most of the evening. I had to watch The O.C. at 9:00 of course. We left the hotel around 10 the next morning after another swim. We had breakfast in Canmore and then continued our journey. It took about 7 hours to get to Westbank. I really love long drives though. It gave me a chance to really listen to my new Anberlin and Dead Poetic cd's I bought the other day and of course play all those silly car games with my brothers.
Ever since arriving at my Grandparent's house I've done nothing but sleep, eat, and read. I finished Walk Of Fame, by Sharon Krum which was really good. And I'm about half way through The Usual Rules by Joyce Maynard now. This book has had me in tears pretty much since the beginning. It's about this 13 year old girl who's mom dies on September 11th in the twin towers. It's soooo sad. I'm taking a break cuz it was getting me kind of depressed.
As far as plans for the rest of the week, there isn't really anything super exciting. Church tomorrow of course and maybe an Easter musical at this big church that's supposed to be really good. Pretty much I'm just going to relax and try not to think about going back to work, or any of my petty problems that have been plauging me lately. I plan to emmerse myself in my books and my family.
Reality is just so overrated.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home