The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Sunday, November 19

Cause Of Death: Boredom

Oh what the week it was.
I had and am still having, the hardest time re-focusing after reading break. I still haven't handed anything in late, but it's come extremely close a few times.
It was a fun weekend though. I went to the Ladies Christmas Tea at GBF with Lindsay, Kristine, Carmen, Megan, and Shelly on Friday night. It was so much fun. The church was decorated so beautifully. I barely even recognized it. And the food was so good! It was just fun dressing up and feeling so grown up. :)
Yesterday I slept in and that was glorious. I cleaned up my room and then proceeded to do pretty much nothing all day. They (Student Life) showed the movie Cars in one of the classrooms on the projecter at 8:00. So me and Lindsay went to the store for junk food and then watched that. It was HILARIOUS. Oh man I laughed so hard. Especially at the tractor tipping part. It was such a cute movie. I loved the Pixar spoofs at the end. So clever!
And then today was church and guys open dorms (we only went for about half an hour). And then I tried, I honestly tried, to do homework but my brain just isn't working! I almost died of boredom. I was sitting on my bed, with my laptop, trying to write my speech for Public Speaking, and I just couldn't do it. I imagined that I was the dead person on CSI. They walk in the room and I'm sitting there, slumped over, eyes glazed. Grissom would shine his flashlight on me and ask "C.O.D.?" Sarah would reply "Looks like she just couldn't take the boredom."
And I desperatly wanted to call my mom today and just talk for an hour. But I can't because she's oceans away and in a completely opposite time zone. So I opted for calling my brother instead, but he was at a Grey Cup party and not really up for a heart to heart. And Lindsay is sick! She's been in bed, either sleeping or half sleeping all day. I'm so lonely! *sigh* There's always food. lol...
There's always my blog. Oh what would I do without you blog?
Kerri changed her wedding date once again. So now they shall be wed on June 30th. So this is what my summer will potentially look like. April-May I'll be in India. I'll most likely have to go back to Tim Hortons for a few weeks in June. I'll fly to Surrey a couple weeks before the wedding. Fly back right after. Have a week at home and then I get to go on a family road trip back to B.C. where we're having a "mom's side family reunion." Oh Hurrah! I love my summer already! Minus the Tim Hortons part. And plus all the other random adventures I'm bound to have.
Okay okay...I'll stop rambling.
Off I go to stare at a blank word document for another hour or two...

1 Comments:

Blogger Queen*Caitlin said...

Hey man. I love you! And seriously, I'm gonna come tell you this in just a second...but come and talk to me if you're ever lonely like that again. Seriously. Yes, I know we don't talk often...or ever. But I often think that's just cuz we both think the other one's too busy. Dumb dumb dumb. Anyhooz...I love ya and I'm just going to find you right now, anyway. :)

*Caitlin

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home