Whoa! We're half way there!
Hello loyal fans.
I'm back from my week long family camping adventure. We were actually back a week ago but as usual it's taken me this long to sit my butt down and get blogging about it.
It really was an adventure and it began before we were even at our camp site. We were passing through Ponoka when a forrest green Ford Mustang decided it was too cool to have to stop at stop signs and side swipped us in my grandpa's truck. Thankfully my dad is awesome and he really calmly pulled over to the side of the road and got out and did his best to calm down the driver of the Mustang. Our truck had next to no damage but the other guy had a huge dent in the front of the car and his headlight was completely smashed in. And he had bought the car 3 days before this happened. No one was hurt but we had to sit around for an hour while the cops came and did their thang.
So after that was all taken care of we made our way to Dickson Cove Leisure Grounds and set up camp. It was a beautiful area with a gorgeous lake and a pool and even mini golf. :) We spent the week swimming, eating, reading, tanning and generally just having a really good time. It was an awesome bonding opportunity for our family and I feel like it just really drew us back to each other. I love my family. :) I got an awesome tan, read 3 books, and swam TONS. The lake was so much fun to swim in. The water was deep and cool and there was a floating dock that we spent much time diving off of. One day we all walked down the beach quite aways until we were completely alone. It was like we were on a deserted island. There was all this driftwood along the shore and we pulled some of it into the water and just floated and splashed and laughed. We sat around the fire in the evenings and roasted marshmallows. It was everything I imagined a real camping trip to be like. Complete with the absolutley amazing weather.
The day after we came back home my parents and youngest brother left for B.C. They're at Ootsa Lake Bible Camp for a week where my dad is the speaker for the 7-10 year olds. Tyson was planning on being at Living Springs Camp this whole week but he decided not to go at the last minute. Which is something I am SO thankful for. Otherwise I would have been home all by myself for an entire week. Something I thought I'd be able to handle but so many times this week I've thought to myself, "I am SO glad Tyson is here." I think I would have gone crazy without him. I worked a LOT this week and he's had a few shifts and when we're both home we mostly just watch movies. We went and saw Pirates 2 with Janelle on Monday night, and today we went to the Wetaskiwin Museum which was cool. I had never been in there before and it was a cool way to kill an hour or so. There's this whole pioneer display with a one room school house and a general store and everything that you would walk through. I was captivated! :) Sometimes I think I was born into the wrong century. I would have loved to wear dresses everyday and those pretty hats. Walking down the wooden sidewalks with my parisol and fan. Lol okay yeah I know I'm a loser. ANYWAY...
The title of this post refers to the fact that...
My summer is half over!! BAH! I can't decide right now how I feel about that. I'm SO excited to see everyone again and just be at school with all the activity and fun. (I'm trying not to think about all the papers and exams right now) But then on the other side of things, this has been an amazing summer and it'll be sad to say goodbye to everyone. All my friends from work and youth group. And my family...
But really there's a lot of summer left with lots more adventures to come. :)
Well, I guess that's it for now!
I'm back from my week long family camping adventure. We were actually back a week ago but as usual it's taken me this long to sit my butt down and get blogging about it.
It really was an adventure and it began before we were even at our camp site. We were passing through Ponoka when a forrest green Ford Mustang decided it was too cool to have to stop at stop signs and side swipped us in my grandpa's truck. Thankfully my dad is awesome and he really calmly pulled over to the side of the road and got out and did his best to calm down the driver of the Mustang. Our truck had next to no damage but the other guy had a huge dent in the front of the car and his headlight was completely smashed in. And he had bought the car 3 days before this happened. No one was hurt but we had to sit around for an hour while the cops came and did their thang.
So after that was all taken care of we made our way to Dickson Cove Leisure Grounds and set up camp. It was a beautiful area with a gorgeous lake and a pool and even mini golf. :) We spent the week swimming, eating, reading, tanning and generally just having a really good time. It was an awesome bonding opportunity for our family and I feel like it just really drew us back to each other. I love my family. :) I got an awesome tan, read 3 books, and swam TONS. The lake was so much fun to swim in. The water was deep and cool and there was a floating dock that we spent much time diving off of. One day we all walked down the beach quite aways until we were completely alone. It was like we were on a deserted island. There was all this driftwood along the shore and we pulled some of it into the water and just floated and splashed and laughed. We sat around the fire in the evenings and roasted marshmallows. It was everything I imagined a real camping trip to be like. Complete with the absolutley amazing weather.
The day after we came back home my parents and youngest brother left for B.C. They're at Ootsa Lake Bible Camp for a week where my dad is the speaker for the 7-10 year olds. Tyson was planning on being at Living Springs Camp this whole week but he decided not to go at the last minute. Which is something I am SO thankful for. Otherwise I would have been home all by myself for an entire week. Something I thought I'd be able to handle but so many times this week I've thought to myself, "I am SO glad Tyson is here." I think I would have gone crazy without him. I worked a LOT this week and he's had a few shifts and when we're both home we mostly just watch movies. We went and saw Pirates 2 with Janelle on Monday night, and today we went to the Wetaskiwin Museum which was cool. I had never been in there before and it was a cool way to kill an hour or so. There's this whole pioneer display with a one room school house and a general store and everything that you would walk through. I was captivated! :) Sometimes I think I was born into the wrong century. I would have loved to wear dresses everyday and those pretty hats. Walking down the wooden sidewalks with my parisol and fan. Lol okay yeah I know I'm a loser. ANYWAY...
The title of this post refers to the fact that...
My summer is half over!! BAH! I can't decide right now how I feel about that. I'm SO excited to see everyone again and just be at school with all the activity and fun. (I'm trying not to think about all the papers and exams right now) But then on the other side of things, this has been an amazing summer and it'll be sad to say goodbye to everyone. All my friends from work and youth group. And my family...
But really there's a lot of summer left with lots more adventures to come. :)
Well, I guess that's it for now!

3 Comments:
YOU GET TO GO TO DRUMHELLER! how cool will that be, so that's something exciting. I know what you mean except that I feel like i'm a bum and just wasted my summer. haha.
dude...you went to AFRICA!! how can that even be considered wasting your summer??? :)
yeahhh.... i guess that's true haha
Post a Comment
<< Home