The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Sunday, May 28

Grad Party

I accomplished one of my life long goals yesterday. It was a momentous occasion. Something I have always dreamed of doing.

I wrestled in jello.

Last night was the grad party for all the kiddies in my youth group that graduated this weekend.
Initially I didn't want to go. Mostly because I was tired and I did not want to miss the hockey game. But I am so glad I went.
We all loaded up on to a bus and were taken out to a farm.
First, we paintballed. With slingshots. I actually managed to peg a few people. I was also pegged in return and have a nasty welt on my leg to prove it. Here is a loverly picture of Charyssa and Brendon preparing to do battle.



The people who own and live on the farm have this old school bus that they somehow ripped the top half off of. So after paintballing some of us boarded this half bus and were driven around the fields so that we could see the new baby horses and various other farm animals, and hit some golf balls around. The sun was setting and it was absolutely beautiful. Me and Loreea pretended we were on a safari. Here's the bus.



And here is a llama.



When we got back to the house, the hockey game had just finished. The Oilers won. Much cheering and screaming and even a few discrete tears followed. Our boys are going to win the Stanley Cup.

And then came the jello wrestling. By this time it was getting pretty chilly but the rule was, you had to either hop in the cold pool OR wrestle in jello and THEN hop in the cold pool to rinse off before you got into the hot tub. So, being very brave me and Kerilyn decided to wrestle. The jello was SO cold but it was a blast. I beat her up pretty good and once we were covered head to toe in the red raspberry goo, we jumped in the pool. I have never felt so cold in my entire life. But the nice steamy hot tub was waiting. Later on after another round of jello wrestling, a few very slippery runs down the slip and slide, and another 15 minutes in the very over crowded hot tub I went back into the house. Later on in the night they poured an entire jug of bubble bath into the hot tub. :)

More pictures and stories to come at a later time...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

do you know what else happend on sunday, may 28th??? I GOT HOME FROM AFRICA. oh man, it was amazing, and mark my words... i will be back there one day. i'll tell you more some other time. i miss you and love you and you should come with me next time.. it was an awesome adventure.

10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home