The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Saturday, July 1

Happy Canada Day!

I figured the 1st of the month of July would be a good day for me to quit being so lazy and actually post for once.
So I've been busy. With work, youth group, and other various activities. But overall my summer has been amazing.
Work isn't amazing. Work sucks most of the time and I can barely stand the stark routine of working the same shift everyday for five days in a row. But it's money in my bank account which is something that I need. And there is a tiny sliver of a bright side. Now that all the little kiddies are finished school for the summer, we've been getting some of them to work the morning shift and they liven things up a bit.
Youth group is so much fun and I'm surprised by how much I have come to LOVE everyone. I used to have such a hard time with some of those kids, especially the junior high girls. But the more time I spend with them and get to know them, the more I realize what an amazing group of kids they are. Every event or activity that we have is a blast. Yesterday we went to the lake for our hopefully 1st annual School's Out Beach Party. I had so much fun frolicking in the water and "tanning" with the girls. I came home with sore stomach muscles from laughing so hard, a ton of new memories and a very painful sunburn on the backs of my knees. (Weird I know...)
We've been gearing up for our missions trip which is happening in August. We are going to Drumheller and putting on a week long VBS. I'm super excited but also nervous and apprehensive. Haven (our youth pastor) has given me a huge role. I'll be doing the Bible story and skit thing every day and it involves a lot of engery, enthusiasm and memorization. Pretty much I'll have to step out of my box BIG TIME. But it's something I'm very excited for. I can't wait to see how God works in and through our group of 20 people.
Despite the business of life, I still have time to miss school friends SO much and I'm always looking forward to September. :)
Right now I am on vacation for a whole entire week! It's a glorious feeling knowing that I don't have to go back to work for a whole week after this weekend. Yay! I'm leaving on Monday to go camping with my family. We've never ever been camping as a family before so it should be interesting. But I'm really excited. :)
Well, I guess that's about it for now. I promise I will try to update more often!
Have a good Canada Day everyone!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay, you miss me. i miss you too. The first time my family went camping together a few years ago, it rained the whole time. have a wonderful camping experience though, i'm sure yours won't be that bad. hehe.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Queen*Caitlin said...

I know what you mean about loving everyone you sort of used to have a hard time with. That's really really cool. You are going to have a WICKED time in Drumheller..ho man. That is so exciting! I love you tons and miss you bumloads of course... *Caitlin

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home