Hardcore Days and Softcore Nights
So, lots going on lately. At least during the weekends.
Last weekend was Angela's wedding. Ang is Kerilyn's sister. Kerilyn is my brother's girlfriend. It was a beeeautiful wedding and the reception was a blast. I danced my feet off. :) In my brand new Steve Maddens that a very flamboyant gay man helped me pick out and my brand new dress from Bryan's that my mom helped me pick out. I felt like a princess. The not so highlight of the night was when i got red punch spilled all over my new dress. But my wonderful mother worked her magic and the dress is fine.
This weekend, I took Friday off because on Thursday night we had a little slumber party/girls-night for all the girlies in my youth group. It was SO much fun. The whole thing was kind of my idea and my responsibility to organize and it went so much better than I expected it to. We did facials and makeovers and then I did my devotional/talk thing, which...I was completely blown away by how well it went. I had so much I wanted to say and get across to them and somehow the words just came out exactly how I wanted them to. I know it wasn't me...it was totally the Holy Spirit and I know that because of HIM, my talk had a huge impact on the girls. I talked about how when I was in Junior High and High School, I found all my worth and acceptance in guys and how I had my heart broken so many times. I told them that the only one that can ever fulfill them completely is Jesus. There is so much more to it than that, but it just went so well. At the end, I read a short story from a book called Authentic Beauty. I might just post the whole thing. It's so amazing and when my discipler read it to me, it made a big impact. As I was reading it to the girls my heart was just breaking because I want so much for them to know how much Jesus cherishes them and I want them to realize that they don't have to fool around with guys or have a boyfriend to feel beautiful and special. Anyway, I could barely keep it together while I was reading it and when I was done I just started bawling. I didn't have any notes left but kept talking and it was coming straight from my heart. It was just so cool. It was like my mouth just opened and all this stuff came out and we were all pretty much just bawling. I was so blown away by how God works. He's so cool! :)
Anyway, that was Thursday night. I didn't get much sleep that night so I took a 3 and a half hour nap that afternoon. So nice... :)
Last night was youth group and we went biking around the trails at Peace Hills Park. It was pretty fun and it started raining about halfway through which was cold, but everyone had a really good attitude and it ended up being even funner. Is funner a word? Anyway...it was fun. Even though I fell off my bike and scraped my hands. It made me feel like a kid again. :) I really really really love my youth group.
I was supposed to work today but I could barely move when I woke up so I called in sick. I'm hoping that they don't hate me too much on Monday morning.
Let's see...what else is happening...
I called Caitlin today but she was at work but I had a loverly chat with her mom. :) It reinforced my missing-ness of everyone. Right now I miss the entire Wilson family like CRAZ-AY. And...for those of you who go to PRBI and haven't already heard, Kim Bauer resigned. Is that not the most saddest thing EVER! I was so looking forward to more classes with him. :(
I'm getting my hair cut today. Short. I'm excited.
My favorite song right now is The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves.
It. Is. Amazing. I love love love it and have not stopped listening to it.
Anyway, that's about it. Oh, my mom's best friend from Florida is here visiting for a week and they are so funny. All they do is talk and giggle. :) Yup, you guessed right, it makes me miss my friends! :)
Okay well, that's all for now.
The title of this post doesn't mean anything. It's a song by Aqueduct.
Last weekend was Angela's wedding. Ang is Kerilyn's sister. Kerilyn is my brother's girlfriend. It was a beeeautiful wedding and the reception was a blast. I danced my feet off. :) In my brand new Steve Maddens that a very flamboyant gay man helped me pick out and my brand new dress from Bryan's that my mom helped me pick out. I felt like a princess. The not so highlight of the night was when i got red punch spilled all over my new dress. But my wonderful mother worked her magic and the dress is fine.
This weekend, I took Friday off because on Thursday night we had a little slumber party/girls-night for all the girlies in my youth group. It was SO much fun. The whole thing was kind of my idea and my responsibility to organize and it went so much better than I expected it to. We did facials and makeovers and then I did my devotional/talk thing, which...I was completely blown away by how well it went. I had so much I wanted to say and get across to them and somehow the words just came out exactly how I wanted them to. I know it wasn't me...it was totally the Holy Spirit and I know that because of HIM, my talk had a huge impact on the girls. I talked about how when I was in Junior High and High School, I found all my worth and acceptance in guys and how I had my heart broken so many times. I told them that the only one that can ever fulfill them completely is Jesus. There is so much more to it than that, but it just went so well. At the end, I read a short story from a book called Authentic Beauty. I might just post the whole thing. It's so amazing and when my discipler read it to me, it made a big impact. As I was reading it to the girls my heart was just breaking because I want so much for them to know how much Jesus cherishes them and I want them to realize that they don't have to fool around with guys or have a boyfriend to feel beautiful and special. Anyway, I could barely keep it together while I was reading it and when I was done I just started bawling. I didn't have any notes left but kept talking and it was coming straight from my heart. It was just so cool. It was like my mouth just opened and all this stuff came out and we were all pretty much just bawling. I was so blown away by how God works. He's so cool! :)
Anyway, that was Thursday night. I didn't get much sleep that night so I took a 3 and a half hour nap that afternoon. So nice... :)
Last night was youth group and we went biking around the trails at Peace Hills Park. It was pretty fun and it started raining about halfway through which was cold, but everyone had a really good attitude and it ended up being even funner. Is funner a word? Anyway...it was fun. Even though I fell off my bike and scraped my hands. It made me feel like a kid again. :) I really really really love my youth group.
I was supposed to work today but I could barely move when I woke up so I called in sick. I'm hoping that they don't hate me too much on Monday morning.
Let's see...what else is happening...
I called Caitlin today but she was at work but I had a loverly chat with her mom. :) It reinforced my missing-ness of everyone. Right now I miss the entire Wilson family like CRAZ-AY. And...for those of you who go to PRBI and haven't already heard, Kim Bauer resigned. Is that not the most saddest thing EVER! I was so looking forward to more classes with him. :(
I'm getting my hair cut today. Short. I'm excited.
My favorite song right now is The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves.
It. Is. Amazing. I love love love it and have not stopped listening to it.
Anyway, that's about it. Oh, my mom's best friend from Florida is here visiting for a week and they are so funny. All they do is talk and giggle. :) Yup, you guessed right, it makes me miss my friends! :)
Okay well, that's all for now.
The title of this post doesn't mean anything. It's a song by Aqueduct.

2 Comments:
i can't believe my favourite teacher of all time resigned!! oh my goodness gracious when I read that my heart sank. that sucks! but hopefully God is taking him on to bigger and better things. and i'm so glad your talk with the girls went well, i was praying for you. You have such a passion for this sort of thing and I knew God would use you in a huge way. love you!
sorry, that was kerri by the way. haha
Post a Comment
<< Home