I Am Woman
It's supposed to be 34 degrees tomorrow. And I'll be stuck inside a barely air conditioned building making coffee and countless (literally countless) ice caps for happy people in shorts and t-shirts on their way to the beach. Grrr...
Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of the month. Sometimes I just have to laugh, and then a couple seconds later cry, when I think about the way God made us girls. How is it possible for a person's mood to change so quickly? I'm telling you, if I was a guy I would be terrified of me on days like today. I pity my future husband.
Work was okay but when I got home I just sat on the couch and felt so depressed. I knew it was just because of hormones but I HATE feeling sad simply because of something that's going on in my body. So I decided that I missed people. People from school. People from the Philippines. Family. Person in New Brunswick. But that made me 10 bajillion times sadder and I almost started crying. And then I got mad at myself for almost crying. I was angry. ANGRY. So I channeled that anger towards Ben Mulroony and the Carolina Hurricanes. If thoughts could kill they would all be dead right now. Every last one of them.
Finally I wandered into the kitchen, my stomach growling. I sat on the floor and opened the cupboard doors hoping to find something easy to open and eat. What I found proved that God really does provide. It proved to me that miracles still happen. I opened the door and there, to the sound of glorious angelic singing and a flash of blinding sparkly light, sat a bar of bakers chocolate. Neatly wrapped in its crisp white paper, it just sat there looking so perfect and tantalizing. The semi-sweet darkness of it called out my name and I don't think I have ever felt so happy.
4.5 MINUTES LATER
I sit on the floor in my pj's. A satisfied grin upon my face. And I try really hard to think of something bad but nothing comes to mind. The world is a beautiful place where love and chocolate abound.
2 MINUTES LATER
My brothers are cowering in their rooms with fear and confusion. I sit in front of the TV with tears streaming down my face. Why oh why did I have to turn on the news just as they were doing a segment on the overcrowded animal shelter and the plight of helpless and innocent puppies and kittens that are being dumped on the side of the road and left to fend for themselves and most likely die!?!
I'm going to bed...
Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is that time of the month. Sometimes I just have to laugh, and then a couple seconds later cry, when I think about the way God made us girls. How is it possible for a person's mood to change so quickly? I'm telling you, if I was a guy I would be terrified of me on days like today. I pity my future husband.
Work was okay but when I got home I just sat on the couch and felt so depressed. I knew it was just because of hormones but I HATE feeling sad simply because of something that's going on in my body. So I decided that I missed people. People from school. People from the Philippines. Family. Person in New Brunswick. But that made me 10 bajillion times sadder and I almost started crying. And then I got mad at myself for almost crying. I was angry. ANGRY. So I channeled that anger towards Ben Mulroony and the Carolina Hurricanes. If thoughts could kill they would all be dead right now. Every last one of them.
Finally I wandered into the kitchen, my stomach growling. I sat on the floor and opened the cupboard doors hoping to find something easy to open and eat. What I found proved that God really does provide. It proved to me that miracles still happen. I opened the door and there, to the sound of glorious angelic singing and a flash of blinding sparkly light, sat a bar of bakers chocolate. Neatly wrapped in its crisp white paper, it just sat there looking so perfect and tantalizing. The semi-sweet darkness of it called out my name and I don't think I have ever felt so happy.
4.5 MINUTES LATER
I sit on the floor in my pj's. A satisfied grin upon my face. And I try really hard to think of something bad but nothing comes to mind. The world is a beautiful place where love and chocolate abound.
2 MINUTES LATER
My brothers are cowering in their rooms with fear and confusion. I sit in front of the TV with tears streaming down my face. Why oh why did I have to turn on the news just as they were doing a segment on the overcrowded animal shelter and the plight of helpless and innocent puppies and kittens that are being dumped on the side of the road and left to fend for themselves and most likely die!?!
I'm going to bed...

2 Comments:
AMEN SISTA! i don't think i could love you any more than at this moment. haha. I love reading your blogs because i can just imagine you doing these things just as you write them haha. oh man. i have to laugh again hahahaha
and just one other random thing, i had to read this to a few people because it made ma laugh so hard..
Post a Comment
<< Home