The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Sunday, April 30

The Weekend

I know my last post sounded really glum ("glum" is my new favorite word by the way), but it was mostly that I just didn't feel like writing. And I suppose I was a bit grumpy from being at work all day.
So yes, I AM back at Tim Hortons. I know I used to complain about it alot, and I guess I still do, but what matters is that it pays well and I need the money. So there you go.
The weekend was glorious. Mostly just because I got to sit on my butt and not do much.
Well, I went to youth group. The youth pastor called me on Wednesday and asked if I would like to be involved in leadership with the youth group this summer. And I said yes. I might end up regreting that, but right now I'm pretty excited about it. So I did youth group on Friday. We played "Bigger or Better". Which, for those of you who aren't all up on the youth group games, is when you start with something small (we started with a toothpick) and in teams make your way around town knocking on people's doors and asking them if they had anything bigger or better. And if they give you something, you go to another house with that item and ask the same thing. My group came back with a box spring mattress. One group had a fridge. Another a shopping cart. But I'm pretty sure they just stole that because who would have a shopping cart to give away? Anyway... Haven (our youth pastor) also asked me to give a little devotional thing after that was done. So I did that. I was just supposed to talk about what I learned at school. But I didn't prepare very well, thinking I could just wing it. But I'm pretty sure it ended up sucking. I think I probably sounded like a raving lunatic. Oh well...
It's going to be a challenge being back at the youth group. It's a WAY bigger group now than it was when I left. They are all incredibly noisy and often times quite disrespectful as far as listening and paying attention to directions and what not. There are a few guys who graduated with me or around the same time as me that are supposed to be helping out as well, but they seem to have less maturity than my 14 year old brother and are pretty much just idiots. And I've always had a hard time dealing with Junior High girls. Some of them I just LOVE. A select few are just good kids. And then there are the girls who come that are flirty and skanky and attention loving...I just need to pray that I'll see them through God's eyes and not my own. That's a big thing that God's been working on in my life. So anyway, it'll be interesting to see what happens.
Anyway...Saturday was spent TRYING to unpack and organize my room. It is just so overwhelming. I didn't get very much done but it looks a lot better now that it did before.
Tonight I'm going with my dear friend Jen Hansen out to the Carlson's for S.N.A.C. (sunday night after church). We're only staying for a little while because we both have to work in the morning.
So that's all from me.
Oh, GO OILERS GO!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home