The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Wednesday, April 18

Time is ticking...

Why hello... I know it's been forever. So much has gone on and I think if I was to write about everything, it would be a really really long post.
The last few days have been mostly very relaxing. Last week was filled with fun. I love having no homework. Me and "the girls" went and saw Premonition (which I really liked), and had ice cream at DQ. And I also went on a roommate date with my darling roommate. We got all dressed up and went out for dinner. 'Twas fun.
And then on Sunday, we left for the grad retreat! We went to Jasper and were there until Tuesday afternoon. It was soooo much fun. Jasper is absolutley gorgeous. I love the mountains. And we saw tons of wildlife. Deer and elk and someone even saw a wolf. The hotel was pretty nice. We did a lot of just hanging out, watching TV, and laughing. I think my two favorite parts of the weekend were... #1 Getting up at 7 on Tuesday morning to go out for coffee with 3 of my most favorite people in the world. Me, Lindsay, Meagan, and Kate walked down to the touristy part of town and had coffee and muffins at the cutest little coffee place. And, #2... Going hiking in Maline Canyon. It was so incredibly beautiful. Words can't even describe how pretty it was. I took so many pictures. Me, Lindsay and Meagan were off by ourselves for most of the time and we hardly ever stayed on the trail. The MK jungle kid in me definitely came out!
After about 3 hours of hiking we went back to the hotel and sat in the hot tub for awhile which was amazing.
Anyway, so the retreat was a barrel of fun.
As soon as we got back I called my mom who told me that my passport had come! Which is amazing! So me and Carmen went into town bright and early this morning and UPSed it to Vancouver so that I can get my visa. So it's still cutting it extremley close. But our prayers have been answered! I'm going to India! Unless something else really bad happens.
We had a team meeting last night and it was soooo good. I feel like we are all really bonding. We had a sharing time and everyone was so open and honest. And we have a party tonight. And another meeting tomorrow. It's pretty intense. But we ARE leaving in 5 days. Craziness. I'm getting so excited though! Packing is a pain in the BUTT. I have to pack up all my stuff to send home with my parents, and pack seperatley for my trip. I hate packing. Hate hate hate...
Well, this is probably long enough. I'll try to blog at least a couple more times before I leave. When I'm in India I won't be able to blog but I will be able to email. I'm going to start a little update email group thing, so if you want to get emails from me while I'm there, leave me a comment and I will add you to my list!
Much love to everyone!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

obviously i want updates! haha. i'm really excited for you guys.. and a little bit jealous too. you'll have an awesome time. be safe though okay! i'll see you in about two months. or 8 weeks if that sounds shorter! i can't wait! we're going to have so much fun then too. woohoo. love ya!

9:41 AM  
Blogger Kerri said...

p.s. okay, so i FINALLY figured out how to sign in. haha. i know i'm pathetic. anyhoo, you'll have to help me get pictures up some time. it's all so confusing hehe. love you!

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home