The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Friday, December 16

I'll Be Home For Christmas

So...I'm home now. I got in late last night after a long day of studying, exams, and driving. It feels very very good to be done exams. I think I did horrible on my first one yesterday and awesome on my last one. So that's okay I guess.
I woke up this morning and felt school sick. Wierd...I know. Don't get me wrong, it feels really good to be home. Especially since it's Christmas! But I don't know. It's funny because at the beginning of the semester, someone told me "You're homesick right now but by the end of the semester, you're going to be bawling when you have to leave." And it was true. It was really hard to say goodbye. I was standing out by the truck waiting to leave and my closest friends were all standing there with me in the miserable cold. We had probably 10 rounds of hugs and we huddled up and prayed for safty and good Christmas breaks for everyone and that Kerri wouldn't be scared of flying home and as we stood there, I just realized how amazing my friends are. I guess I kind of take them for granted most of the time...but I have an amazing group of friends. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I think about them.
So yeah...it was kind of hard to leave. Especially since something kind of special happened within the 5 minutes before I left. Something that made me feel giddy and confused at the same time. Something that is going to have me thinking ALL three weeks of the break. But that's okay. :)
Anyway...3 weeks stretches out before me. What am I going to do? Well...I'm most likley going to be working. Tim Horton's is desperate for people to work over the holidays and since I'm such a sucker, I think I am going to help out. Donna wants me on nights. Which sucks. But my brother is going on nights too so it could be fun. And I'll be rich by the end. I have to go in and talk to them today. And I get to go to youth group tonight! And my grandparents are coming on Sunday! And Christmas is in 8 days!! :) Life is good...

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

vanessa dear!
guess where i am? i'm back in the philippines for christmas!!! its so nice to be back.
thats cool that you made so many awesome friends! thats what college is all about dearie!
so what this amazing thing that happened? ;)

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home