The Time Has Come
Well...I'm off to college tomorrow. It feels kinda weird saying that. But it's true. I'm all packed, my room is bare, my goodbyes have all been said. Well, mostly. We're going to church tomorrow and I know I'll have tons of goodbyes to say there, plus my family. Laurelle (my neighbor who's kids I have babysat countless times) asked me to stop by her jewellry store in town today. So I went with Tyson and she was there and we chatted for a bit and then she goes "I want you to pick something out. Me and Mike want to get you something to thank you for everything you've done and for your friendship." I was totally blown away. I had no idea what to say. Everything in her store is like...hugely expensive. But after like an hour, I finally picked out a new watch and at the end she told me to pick something else out too...so I got a beautiful necklace and a pair of earrings. Holy cow...it was amazing. I couldn't believe her generosity. I mean...I could cuz they've always been so kind and generous but this was just huge.
Anyway...and the last few days have been spent having lunch and coffee with various friends and trying to get ready. My last day at work (Friday) was kind of emotional. It wasn't at first but then Kayla got there and gave me this AMAZING poster/collage that she had made and framed. It's pretty much the story of our friendship and all our inside jokes, memories, pictures...When I saw it I just started bawling. I reading it and laughing and crying at the same time. It was really sad.
I went to the first youth group of the year on Friday night. I couldn't believe how many new people there were!! We did a scavenger hunt and some games. We all went to Tim Hortons afterwards and I didn't get home until after midnight.
I got an email from Joe today. I had wanted him to come to youth group last night but he had to work. This is what the email said.
"In deep and sorrowful regrets for not being there last night, I write you this poem. *Ahem*
I met this girl at Tim Hortons
And I consider my friendships important
So I'm writing to say
That I'm filled with dismay,
Cuz' she's leaving and my joy is now shortened!"
It was SO cute!! I love that kid so much. I'm going to miss him...
Anyway...I have to go finish up some stuff.
Anyway...and the last few days have been spent having lunch and coffee with various friends and trying to get ready. My last day at work (Friday) was kind of emotional. It wasn't at first but then Kayla got there and gave me this AMAZING poster/collage that she had made and framed. It's pretty much the story of our friendship and all our inside jokes, memories, pictures...When I saw it I just started bawling. I reading it and laughing and crying at the same time. It was really sad.
I went to the first youth group of the year on Friday night. I couldn't believe how many new people there were!! We did a scavenger hunt and some games. We all went to Tim Hortons afterwards and I didn't get home until after midnight.
I got an email from Joe today. I had wanted him to come to youth group last night but he had to work. This is what the email said.
"In deep and sorrowful regrets for not being there last night, I write you this poem. *Ahem*
I met this girl at Tim Hortons
And I consider my friendships important
So I'm writing to say
That I'm filled with dismay,
Cuz' she's leaving and my joy is now shortened!"
It was SO cute!! I love that kid so much. I'm going to miss him...
Anyway...I have to go finish up some stuff.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home