Warped Tour and Willy Wonka
So I suppose it's about time I got around to blogging about the Warped Tour. It was on Thursday, and I should have blogged as soon as I got home cuz the longer I wait, the more stuff I forget. But I'll do my best.
Me, Alicia and Kayla left Wetaskiwin around 3 on Wednesday afternoon. It took about 3 hours to get to Calgary, and we went straight to Kayla's sister's house. We pitched a tent in the backyard and played with the adorable children. Kayla's sister is married to a black guy. And so her babies are black. Nate is like 9 or 10 months old and Sven is 3. They were seriously the cutest kids ever. Anyway...
We should have just gone to bed, as we wanted to be in line the next morning by 7. However, we were in Calgary. Which is probably one of the nicest (and coolest) cities in all of Canada. So we decided to go have some fun. Don (Kayla's brother-in-law) had to go to work at 8 that night, so he offered to take us somewhere. Despite the fact that it was a Wednesday night, downtown was super busy with tons of people walking around. Everyone was wearing a cowbow hat. Because of the Calgary Stampede. I've never seen such a nice downtown area before. It was like a mall. Outside. So we walked around, and then we decided to check out the club where Don works. And we ended up staying and dancing the night away. It was SO much fun. We talked to this guy named Tyson all night, who, I'm pretty sure is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen. And one of the nicest guys too. And we talked to some other hot guys from Manitoba. And I danced with a black guy. A HOT black guy. I had never even touched a black guy, much less danced with one before that night. It was cooool. So yeah, we had so much fun.
Getting up at 6 the next morning after 3 hours of sleep...that part wasn't so much fun. But knowing that we had an awesome day ahead of us helped quite a bit.
We hit up McDonalds for some breakfast and met Janelle and her friend Kristy in the line. They were right by the gates which was sweet. We waited for 3 hours. We recieved a lot of second hand weed smoke. We checked out the hot punk guys. And then the gates opened at 11. And so began my experience with Warped Tour 2005. It was...amazing. As soon as we started walking around, I quickly realized that there was no way I could NOT buy anything. I went over to the Emery table and saw a shirt I had to have. So I bought it. It's really cool. I will show you sometime.
We went over to the Kiros table, and Barry remembered me. I always think he won't. But he was standing there, talking to some teenyboppers. And he saw me and right away grinned and gave me a huge hug. We chatted for a bit. I want to marry him.
After awhile me and Alicia went off on our own. We wrote down all the bands we wanted to see and proceeded to spend the day sprinting from stage to stage. It went a little something like this.
The Starting Line - Very cool show. I'm not a die hard fan but I quite enjoyed it.
Reliant K - AMAZING. They did most of the songs from the new album. Including my favorite one. Despite some retarded drunk guys, the mosh pit was so much fun.
Billy Talent - I'm really not a big fan of this band anymore. I guess just cuz they haven't come out with anything new in like 2 years. And cuz I don't like what they say when they're on stage. This time, AND when I saw them at Red's all they did was bash Americans and President Bush. Which I think is rather immature. But I stayed and watched cuz everyone else did.
My Chemical Romance - I stayed for "I'm Not Okay" cuz I friggin love that song. But then I went and got water. And bought a Hawthorne Heights shirt.
MXPX - I don't like them. I think they're sell outs. But I went cuz Alicia loves them. I like Chick Magnet. That's a cool song.
After MCR Janelle and Kristy left so it was just me, Alica and Kayla. We wandered around for a bit. Watched the weirdos wrestling in the mud pit by the watering hole. I went back to the Kiros table and bought a new hoodie. And found out they were playing at the same time as Emery. Which SUCKED.
But I went and saw Emery. I love that band so much. And they were amazing. SO amazing. So amazing that I almost wanted to cry. But I didn't. They played at the SmartPunk stage, and right after them was Armor For Sleep. I had never seen them before but I was totally impressed. I fell in love with the bass player. He had such an cool way of moving. And his lips were nice. I sound dumb. But it's true.
There were some guys in that mosh pit that were either reeeeally reeeeally good friends, or else on ecstasy. They kept hugging each other and were like "I LOVE you man! I love this band!" It was funny.
Umm...I got really sunburnt. I have no idea where my energy for the day came from. I must have some reserve of rarely used energy for situations in which I really really need it. But by 5:00 all three of us were dead and we decided to head home. We missed Hawthorne Heights which sucked, but there was no way we would have made it home alive if we hadn't left then.
So it was fun. If I don't sound too enthused it's cuz I'm still so exhasted. I haven't caught up on my sleep yet. But seriously, it was one of the funnest times of my life. I love hanging out with Alicia and Kayla. They make me laugh so hard. And I saw some of my favoritest bands. And I got some cool merch. And I saw a frick load of amazingly hot guys. So yeah. It was cool. Plus like...just the fact that it was Warped Tour and I've been wanting to go since I was in grade 10.
Me and Kayla slept the whole way home. Poor Alicia.
Ever since I got home I've been feeling a bit melancholy. Hmm...I like that word. Anyway, I don't know why. I guess just cuz it's over. Oh, and I found out that a friend of Barry's died on the 10th in a car accident. He was a roadie and I had met him several times. He was SO nice and one of Barry, Justen and Ryan's best friends. And it made me really sad cuz I found out AFTER I saw Barry and I had noticed that he seemed kinda sad. I don't know what I would have done if I had known. I guess there's nothing I could have done. But still...it's just so sad. He was with them for the first part of Warped, and now he's dead and they have to do the rest of the tour without him. So sad...
Well...no more sad thoughts.
After work today I went to Edmonton with Sam. We went to the Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks. Ohhh...So delicious. We had tickets for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at 5. The movie was SO good. I mean, if you're in to Tim Burton movies that is. But man, it was cool. I love Johnny.
We went to Whyte Ave after and I tried to find a dress for Jenn's wedding. With no luck. Oh well...
Holy crap I'm so tired. I'm falling asleep as I type.
Okay. Holy long post batman!
Umm...yeah. Bedtime.
Me, Alicia and Kayla left Wetaskiwin around 3 on Wednesday afternoon. It took about 3 hours to get to Calgary, and we went straight to Kayla's sister's house. We pitched a tent in the backyard and played with the adorable children. Kayla's sister is married to a black guy. And so her babies are black. Nate is like 9 or 10 months old and Sven is 3. They were seriously the cutest kids ever. Anyway...
We should have just gone to bed, as we wanted to be in line the next morning by 7. However, we were in Calgary. Which is probably one of the nicest (and coolest) cities in all of Canada. So we decided to go have some fun. Don (Kayla's brother-in-law) had to go to work at 8 that night, so he offered to take us somewhere. Despite the fact that it was a Wednesday night, downtown was super busy with tons of people walking around. Everyone was wearing a cowbow hat. Because of the Calgary Stampede. I've never seen such a nice downtown area before. It was like a mall. Outside. So we walked around, and then we decided to check out the club where Don works. And we ended up staying and dancing the night away. It was SO much fun. We talked to this guy named Tyson all night, who, I'm pretty sure is one of the hottest guys I've ever seen. And one of the nicest guys too. And we talked to some other hot guys from Manitoba. And I danced with a black guy. A HOT black guy. I had never even touched a black guy, much less danced with one before that night. It was cooool. So yeah, we had so much fun.
Getting up at 6 the next morning after 3 hours of sleep...that part wasn't so much fun. But knowing that we had an awesome day ahead of us helped quite a bit.
We hit up McDonalds for some breakfast and met Janelle and her friend Kristy in the line. They were right by the gates which was sweet. We waited for 3 hours. We recieved a lot of second hand weed smoke. We checked out the hot punk guys. And then the gates opened at 11. And so began my experience with Warped Tour 2005. It was...amazing. As soon as we started walking around, I quickly realized that there was no way I could NOT buy anything. I went over to the Emery table and saw a shirt I had to have. So I bought it. It's really cool. I will show you sometime.
We went over to the Kiros table, and Barry remembered me. I always think he won't. But he was standing there, talking to some teenyboppers. And he saw me and right away grinned and gave me a huge hug. We chatted for a bit. I want to marry him.
After awhile me and Alicia went off on our own. We wrote down all the bands we wanted to see and proceeded to spend the day sprinting from stage to stage. It went a little something like this.
The Starting Line - Very cool show. I'm not a die hard fan but I quite enjoyed it.
Reliant K - AMAZING. They did most of the songs from the new album. Including my favorite one. Despite some retarded drunk guys, the mosh pit was so much fun.
Billy Talent - I'm really not a big fan of this band anymore. I guess just cuz they haven't come out with anything new in like 2 years. And cuz I don't like what they say when they're on stage. This time, AND when I saw them at Red's all they did was bash Americans and President Bush. Which I think is rather immature. But I stayed and watched cuz everyone else did.
My Chemical Romance - I stayed for "I'm Not Okay" cuz I friggin love that song. But then I went and got water. And bought a Hawthorne Heights shirt.
MXPX - I don't like them. I think they're sell outs. But I went cuz Alicia loves them. I like Chick Magnet. That's a cool song.
After MCR Janelle and Kristy left so it was just me, Alica and Kayla. We wandered around for a bit. Watched the weirdos wrestling in the mud pit by the watering hole. I went back to the Kiros table and bought a new hoodie. And found out they were playing at the same time as Emery. Which SUCKED.
But I went and saw Emery. I love that band so much. And they were amazing. SO amazing. So amazing that I almost wanted to cry. But I didn't. They played at the SmartPunk stage, and right after them was Armor For Sleep. I had never seen them before but I was totally impressed. I fell in love with the bass player. He had such an cool way of moving. And his lips were nice. I sound dumb. But it's true.
There were some guys in that mosh pit that were either reeeeally reeeeally good friends, or else on ecstasy. They kept hugging each other and were like "I LOVE you man! I love this band!" It was funny.
Umm...I got really sunburnt. I have no idea where my energy for the day came from. I must have some reserve of rarely used energy for situations in which I really really need it. But by 5:00 all three of us were dead and we decided to head home. We missed Hawthorne Heights which sucked, but there was no way we would have made it home alive if we hadn't left then.
So it was fun. If I don't sound too enthused it's cuz I'm still so exhasted. I haven't caught up on my sleep yet. But seriously, it was one of the funnest times of my life. I love hanging out with Alicia and Kayla. They make me laugh so hard. And I saw some of my favoritest bands. And I got some cool merch. And I saw a frick load of amazingly hot guys. So yeah. It was cool. Plus like...just the fact that it was Warped Tour and I've been wanting to go since I was in grade 10.
Me and Kayla slept the whole way home. Poor Alicia.
Ever since I got home I've been feeling a bit melancholy. Hmm...I like that word. Anyway, I don't know why. I guess just cuz it's over. Oh, and I found out that a friend of Barry's died on the 10th in a car accident. He was a roadie and I had met him several times. He was SO nice and one of Barry, Justen and Ryan's best friends. And it made me really sad cuz I found out AFTER I saw Barry and I had noticed that he seemed kinda sad. I don't know what I would have done if I had known. I guess there's nothing I could have done. But still...it's just so sad. He was with them for the first part of Warped, and now he's dead and they have to do the rest of the tour without him. So sad...
Well...no more sad thoughts.
After work today I went to Edmonton with Sam. We went to the Olive Garden for soup, salad and breadsticks. Ohhh...So delicious. We had tickets for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at 5. The movie was SO good. I mean, if you're in to Tim Burton movies that is. But man, it was cool. I love Johnny.
We went to Whyte Ave after and I tried to find a dress for Jenn's wedding. With no luck. Oh well...
Holy crap I'm so tired. I'm falling asleep as I type.
Okay. Holy long post batman!
Umm...yeah. Bedtime.

1 Comments:
first of all let me say...what a friggin long post this is...
and second..sounds like you had a blast..!
Post a Comment
<< Home