Congratulations Vanessa's Blog!!!
This blog is officially 300 posts old. Yay!
The last few days have been...Hmm...Amazing. Draining. Stretching. Growing. Painful. Joyful. Freedom. Emotional.
God has been doing wonderful things in my life this year and it seemed to be really condensed over the last few days. A long late night talk with my roommate developed into me dealing with some major issues from my past that I really needed to bring before God and gain freedom from. God has been faithful and wonderful. He has never left me, even in my years of rebellion. And yes, it was rebellion. It may not have been outright, public rebellion. But I had turned my back on God and on pretty much everything my parents ever taught me. And now I'm dealing with it. But I am forgiven! It is such a wonderful feeling. You wouldn't think that someone who was raised in a Christian home and who claimed to be a Christian since age 4, would have to deal with something like forgivness. But I did. I do. I think that for the rest of my life I will be trying to wrap my mind around the fact that when God sees me, he sees me as being...pure. Beautiful. Loved. Clean. Forgiven. Not dirty and disgusting. I think that for the rest of my life I will have to daily claim that promise that God is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of my sins.
I can't even remember the last time that I felt free from secret sin. But I do now. Satan can't hold it over me anymore and keep me trapped under guilt and self hate. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world.
I would appreciate prayer from all of you. My journey isn't over. Part of dealing with all of this, is confessing something to someone. Something that I fought to keep secret for so long. I have to talk to someone that I lied to over and over and over again, just so that I wouldn't have to deal with my sin. Please pray that I will have courage and strenth to do this. And that the person I speak of will be forgiving and accepting.
I love you all! :)
Have a great day. And remember to wish my blog a happy 300th post. :)
The last few days have been...Hmm...Amazing. Draining. Stretching. Growing. Painful. Joyful. Freedom. Emotional.
God has been doing wonderful things in my life this year and it seemed to be really condensed over the last few days. A long late night talk with my roommate developed into me dealing with some major issues from my past that I really needed to bring before God and gain freedom from. God has been faithful and wonderful. He has never left me, even in my years of rebellion. And yes, it was rebellion. It may not have been outright, public rebellion. But I had turned my back on God and on pretty much everything my parents ever taught me. And now I'm dealing with it. But I am forgiven! It is such a wonderful feeling. You wouldn't think that someone who was raised in a Christian home and who claimed to be a Christian since age 4, would have to deal with something like forgivness. But I did. I do. I think that for the rest of my life I will be trying to wrap my mind around the fact that when God sees me, he sees me as being...pure. Beautiful. Loved. Clean. Forgiven. Not dirty and disgusting. I think that for the rest of my life I will have to daily claim that promise that God is faithful and just to forgive me and cleanse me of my sins.
I can't even remember the last time that I felt free from secret sin. But I do now. Satan can't hold it over me anymore and keep me trapped under guilt and self hate. It's the most wonderful feeling in the world.
I would appreciate prayer from all of you. My journey isn't over. Part of dealing with all of this, is confessing something to someone. Something that I fought to keep secret for so long. I have to talk to someone that I lied to over and over and over again, just so that I wouldn't have to deal with my sin. Please pray that I will have courage and strenth to do this. And that the person I speak of will be forgiving and accepting.
I love you all! :)
Have a great day. And remember to wish my blog a happy 300th post. :)

1 Comments:
happy 300th post!
..sorry this is random.. i found your blog, and i miss you.
Post a Comment
<< Home