The Dance

Vanessa's Blog

Friday, April 23

What I Hate: People who think they're so freeking knowlegable about other countries and cultures because they've traveled so much...when really all they've done is gone to mexico or cuba for a week and stayed in a 5 star hotel and worked on getting that perfect tan. Just shut up why don't you! You don't realize how stupid you sound when you start talking about "Oh when I was in mexico...this one hot guy...blah blah blah"
This one girl that is half Filipino went to the Philippines over Christmas break...that was the first time she had ever been in the country. And now she thinks she's so educated and world travelled, when all she really did was stayed at some up-scale resort at Boracay. Excuse me missy, you don't know HALF of what the Philippines is really like. And I may have white skin and blonde hair, but I can honestly say that I am more Filipino than you will ever be!
These people think that these other countries are in existance purely for their entertainment and enjoyment. It's just somewhere to go on holidays. They don't stop for two seconds and realize that people live there. REAL people. And that there's more than just the beaches and the bars and the hotels.
What Else I Hate: Stupid "punks" who think they're being all "different" and "unique" and "rebellious". Do you not realize that punk is the next big thing? That it's turned into the next fashion statement? That just because you wear black and get some part of your body pierced...does not make you any different from anyone else out there. Everyone is trying to be different, and the result is that everyone looks like little carbon copies of each other. No one freaking cares that you want to be different. You're trying to make a statement of independance and defiance...you dissagree with everyone and everything becuase you think it makes you rebellious and because you don't want to be like everyone else. It's time to wake up and realize that you're just another clone. As much as you fight against being the same as everyone else, as much as you try to be original...you don't realize that EVERYONE ELSE is trying to do the SAME EXACT THING. Isn't that exactly what you're fighting against?

Those are my little rants of the day. (Andrew I think you're rubbing off on me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home