so i saw The Passion last night. I don't really know what to say. what did i think? i thought it was a really good movie as far as production and acting went. it was really well done. but it's so much more than just a movie. i will never look at the cross or the crusifixion of Jesus in the same way again. usually it's portrayed so...glamourously...like war. so heroic and romantic. you know...the picture of Jesus with a little crown of thorns sitting on his head...with a few trickles of blood running down his face and some whip lashes on his back. This movie makes you realize how truely awful it was. i came away feeling so...broken. the fact that Jesus went through that for ME, and yet i continue to live for myself and hardly give a second thought to what He did. it's just really very sobering. but also, it makes you feel so overjoyed and thankful...that He DID do that for us. I started crying as soon as they started whipping Him...and i didn't stop throughout the rest of the movie. it wasn't just like...a few little tears...i was sobbing. i cried twice as hard in this movie than i did in The Return of the King. which is understandable. i mean...The Passion is a true story...and not only that but it's what i base my entire faith on.
Anyway...those are my thoughts...
Barry Stewart's funeral was today. He died last tuesday in a really horrible car accident. It's so sad to think about. he was only 19. when we went to the Icemen game the Sunday before...and i watched him stretching in front of the net...i never in a million years would have guessed that just two days later he would be dead...and what really sucks is that only 8 years ago, the Icemen lost another goalie to a car accident on that same stretch of highway! That's really depressing.
O.C. Quote of the Week
Brad (to Summer): "Wait? You're dating this emo geek?!"
Cohen: Yes Brad, she's dating this emo geek. Yeah, that's right. I'm a big dork and I listen to emo. And I'm dating her."
Anyway...those are my thoughts...
Barry Stewart's funeral was today. He died last tuesday in a really horrible car accident. It's so sad to think about. he was only 19. when we went to the Icemen game the Sunday before...and i watched him stretching in front of the net...i never in a million years would have guessed that just two days later he would be dead...and what really sucks is that only 8 years ago, the Icemen lost another goalie to a car accident on that same stretch of highway! That's really depressing.
O.C. Quote of the Week
Brad (to Summer): "Wait? You're dating this emo geek?!"
Cohen: Yes Brad, she's dating this emo geek. Yeah, that's right. I'm a big dork and I listen to emo. And I'm dating her."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home